08 April 2010

Slow and steady...

It's the waiting game now. I'm officially "full term" at 37 weeks- so if baby were to come now, all would be well. I still think I have a ways to go, but I guess you never know. I've been having a pretty worry free pregnancy, but I'm starting to understand the complaints and woes of those who have been pregnant before me. Swollen ankles and feet make wearing shoes a challenge, an increasingly heavy baby makes sleeping a challenge, and my built-in heater makes dealing with an unseasonably warm spring a challenge (85 degrees in April? Really??).

A few weeks ago, I started sleeping with a pillow under my feet to help with the swelling, and last night, I gave in and grabbed yet another pillow to support my legs/belly and help with circulation. Needless to say, our double bed is getting quite cozy; poor Tommy has almost been knocked off a few times. There haven't been any casualties yet though-- and let's hope it stays that way.

Sigh. But... I suppose that if this is as bad as it gets, then I've had it pretty good. Even though baby packs a good punch these days, I'm glad to feel him/her moving about and getting stronger. So, we're still chugging along. Slow and steady wins the race- right?

And yes, I know we're long overdue for another belly photo. For those with good imaginations, just add another few inches to the last photo- and there you have it. Daddy-to-be has been pretty busy with school and studying for comps, but I might be able to convince him to snap a picture later on tonight (assuming that I don't kill him for trying... I mean, I don't exactly feel like Miss America these days...) As always- stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment