26 March 2010

Ducks in a Row

Baby Costello has been officially showered. We had our third, and final, baby shower here in Pittsburgh 2 weekends ago. Baby now has more than enough goods to be well fed, diapered, cleaned, clothed and cared for. It really is amazing how much stuff one wee babe can have. After some hard work this past weekend, the baby/guest room in our house is finally more in order. The guest bed, crib and cradle had previously been piled high with all of the shower presents and hand-me-downs we had received. Every time I went to put it all away- I'd just stare at the mounds, feel completely overwhelmed, and end up closing the door to pretend it wasn't all there. But... thanks to Craigslist, we bought some under-bed storage boxes which helped free up some much needed space for baby's things. So- I'm proud to report that I can now see the guest bed and crib-- a vast improvement.

We had our final lamaze class last night-- and while I don't think it will make a huge difference on the kind of labor and delivery that I'll have, I'm glad that we took the course. If nothing else, it was a good place to air our questions and concerns, and I especially enjoyed the part where Tommy had to massage my back and arms. However, as wonderful and informative as the class was, I'll be glad to have my Monday nights back!

So- all of our ducks are getting in row. Baby's room ready? Check. Childbirth classes? Check. Pediatrician chosen? Check. Baby? Well.... that's the one thing we can't quite schedule in. Who knows when baby will decide to come? My coworkers have started a pool, and the dates range from April 23 to Cinco de Mayo.... Any guesses?






2 comments:

  1. ooh, getting closer now! no idea when the baby's coming in but i have decided what gender it'll be (i'll keep you guessing). good luck with it all. i miss you both and am really happy for you. Ally xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soon! This is very exciting. I can't wait to meet the little one!
    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete